I’m not going to do a ton of gift guides this year, but I am going to do one for the guys because I think they are always the hardest ones on my list to shop for. So if I can help even one of you busy ladies check something off your list, I am happy to do it!
1. Zero Grand Wingtip Oxford: Like a stylish wingtip and a sneaker got together and made a baby. Mr. H+F has a pair of these and every time we’re on a date and my super cute but not so practical shoes start to hurt, I curse him and his comfortable sneakers posing as dress shoes. The soles make them really fun but they have less in your face colors as well.
2. 4th Generation Apple TV: Want to see all The Office episodes with Will Ferrell in them? Smarty pants Siri is now at your finger tips with the new Apple TV and came make that happen. An accelerometer and gyroscope built into the new remote turns it into a Wii-like video game controller as well.
3. People I Want to Punch in the Face: The perfect stocking stuffer, sure to get a good laugh. I might need to buy myself one a few volumes.
4, 5, 6: Buffalo check all the things! This festive and ever classic pattern is always a good gift idea. Socks,a great scarf, and comfy pj pants are just a few of my favorites. Note: please don’t give/wear them all together, lest you look like an LL Bean explosion.
7. New York Times Archive “The Good Ol Days Return” print: Pottery Barn has a fantastic collection of black and white art prints from the New York Times archive. This photo, first printed in December 1933, features some very excited lads celebrating the repeal of Prohibition. I think it would make an awesome gift for your guy’s man cave or your single brother’s bachelor pad, etc.
8. Nest Cam: Spy on your kids in their playroom or your home while your away with this crystal clear, easy to set up camera that instantly turns your phone or iPad into a monitoring device.
9. 35lb Kettlebell: If he’s short on space and time, the kettlebell is the single piece of exercise equipment he needs for weight training. From squat presses to dead lifts to rows, they can all be done with a kettlebell. The best part – it takes up less than a square foot of storage space when not in use.
10. Magnetic Vent Car Mount: Don’t let that cheesy graphic fool you. If your guy uses his phone like a nav, this $8.00 piece of brilliance provides a foolproof way to mount it at a safe eye level with a magnetic clip that attaches to your car vent. Both me and Mr. H+F have one and it’s absolutely one of those “why didn’t I think of this” things. A great stocking stuffer!
11. Lululemon Seawall Track Pant 2.0 (lined): We ladies have sworn by our Lululemons for years but now the men are getting into the act. These track pants are so comfortable, it will make even your “you paid how much for yoga pants?” guy a believer. Mr. H+F and my brother both have a pair and are angry they didn’t know about them sooner.
12. Vineyard Vines Shep Shirt: No respectable New Englander’s wardrobe is complete without a Shep shirt. They come in fleece, jersey, with contrasting shoulders and without. He needs (at least) one.
13. Bodum Chambord French Press: If you’ve got a coffee enthusiast/exhausted new dad on your list, a French press is a must. No other method extracts as much flavor as the press.
14. Crate and Barrel Whiskey Ice Wedge: Move over Japanese ice balls – there’s a new ice shape in town. These silicon forms fit perfectly inside the enclosed double old fashioned glass. Simply fill with water, freeze for 4 hours and you’ve got a perfectly proportioned piece of ice to chill your hooch without watering it down.